Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy Freezin' Season!!




Good Morning my friends! I am having such a blast with the winter images, can you tell. This Adorable skating snowball is from Fresh Brewed Designs. Heather just released some CUTE snowman images and instead of having a blog hop she did something a little different, her daughter Hannah made up this fabulous sketch and also added in a challenge of using the colors red, pink, and yellow. I mean how can i not enter Heather and Hannah's first challenges. so here is what i came up with. i did rotate the sketch and i added my sentiment. i just thought it went so well. I glittered my snowball, and for the trim around his hat and gloves i used red fun flock. for the trim on her gloves i used polar white flowersoft. i used liquid glass on the ice she is skating on to give it that glaze look. I also glittered up the snowflakes with red glitter, gotta have my sparkle. I hope you enjoy her, and thank you so much for visiting. Have a Great Day!!!

In addition to this challenge i also entered it in these challenges:
Crafty Creations~Snow Creations
Cute Card Thursday~Glitter me silly
Digital Tuesday~ Holiday Wishes

hugs,


Rachel :0)
supplies used:
snow buddie on ice~Fresh Brewed Designs
dp~Jingle Creative basics~Ctmh
sentiment~ Cookie Crumbs~C.C.Designs
snowflake and swiss dots embossing folders~cuttlebug
snowflakes~martha stewart punch
red & white glitter~martha stewart
white flat back pearls~ Ctmh
liquid glass
white polar flowersoft
red fun flock
white sugar coated brads~ Doodlebug

15 comments:

dolcreations said...

LOVE LOVE that image! How cute is that! I love all the glitter!
Great job with Hannahs fabulous sketch!
Christine

Holly Young said...

Rachel this is just adorable. I love the colors you put together and I think your coloring is great. That image is just darling!

Danielle said...

This is adorable! Love the image and the sparkle and glitter are fabulous on this card! A great colour combo too - not one I would normally use for a christmas card but it works beautifully! Hope you're enjoying your weekend.
Hugs, Danielle

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for joining us in our snow challenge at Crafty Creations, with your lovely project. Cheers Claire x

InkyAndScrappy said...

Love the saying and the image is too cute. Thanks for joining us on CCC this week. Jaime

Saskia said...

Lovely to see your work at Crafty Creations! So cute!

Saskia :)

Danni said...

How fun and cute!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Rachel,
I LOVE this card! Did you not love working with these colors?!? I was scared at first, but I have loved the cards made with them. The colors still feel wintery but add a touch of pretty:). And you used my snow buddy ( :) ) can you see me smiling big? Just too cute! I love seeing him all glittered up and the sent is amazing! I may have to use that sometime (if that is ok?)

Thank you for participating in our first challenge :). I can not wait until I can show Hannah your card tomorrow :)

Have a wonderful night.

pop in tomorrow for the winners and my new image I am releasing :)

Hugs,
Heather

Angela Toucan said...

that is a really pretty cute card

Tina said...

So sweet and cute. Look at all that glitter.

Anjou Krelovich said...

Dang, that's cute! Love the glitter on the snowball! Thanks for visiting at DTC!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Rahel ~ I appreciate your participating in Hannah's color / sketch challenge! Pop on over to my blog and see what you have won :o)

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Rachel, this is so cute, and I actually love those colors together. I love the glistening snowball and it's such a happy little image. Great job on this sketch.

Kelly said...

OMG Rachel, I don't know how I missed this one. It is the sweetest card. Absolutely adorable!

Cindy Groh said...

Super cute card. Fabulous job:)
http://www.cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com/