Friday, October 9, 2009

Feature Friday Challenge #1 with The Character Cafe


**Edited to add: the winner of the pumpkins set from my blog during The Character Cafe blog hop is Lady Trucker. Congratulations! please send me your email address to claim your prize. **

Good Morning friends and Happy Friday!! I welcome you all to The Character Cafe's very first Feature Friday Challenge. Our host this week is Billie and what better way to start off the first challenge than with stitching. Now this can be hand, machine, or faux stitching, whatever works for you. Here is what i came up with.
Please keep in mind that this is my very first time stitching on a card or any paper craft. so my lines may look like i was drunk at the time, but trust me i was completely sober. lol. ~ for my card i used The Character Cafe Pilgrim Petra and Turkey image. i did my stitching in yellow and it's pretty hard to see but that is what my little sewing machine came with, and i couldn't find the book so i could change the thread. so yellow it is. i have since found the book, so now i can change thread colors. (you can click on photo's to get a close up).

I also made a pumpkin basket to go with my card that i also stitched together. for my basket i




















cut out 5 ovals using the largest oval nestability, sponged them with autumn terecotta ink and random stamped them. I then stitched the ovals together, i made a small basket out of cardstock and adhered my pumpkin to it. i stamped some leaves and ran them through my crimper. i added the leaves to my pumpkin and used a pop dot for my middle leaf to add dimension. then i added some little branches using my Martha Stewart punch. I added my sentiment and done. very easy to make. but makes for some fun packaging. Well that's it for me,
be sure to visit The Character Cafe blog to see the more of the DT's fabulous inspiration. This is such an awesome challenge and i hope you will play along with us this week. Kendra is offering

the pumpkins and Pilgrim Petra as well as a 15% coupon to The Character Cafe shop to the winner. just add your name and link to Mr. Linky on The Character Cafe blog. Have a great night!!
Hugs,
Rachel :0)

15 comments:

Sara said...

Too cute Rachel!!! Don't worry I never look closely at anyone's stitching-because mine is worse than everyone's!!!! Heehee! I love love love that basket, it is soooo stinking cute!

Kelly said...

You are just too much girl! Love the basket and the card. You are a winner in the Cutting Cafe Give Away...stop by my blog for my email address to claim your prize!

dolcreations said...

Oh my goodness this is amazing! I love this! Your stitching is fine!That basket is just the cutest ever! You have hit it out of the ball park with this project, way to go! You are so creative!
Christine

csroyal said...

Hey Rachel! That card is super cute, but I love that basket!! May have to dig out my Nesties and try one for myself!

Diane (djuseless) said...

Absolutley fabulous Rachel!! Great coloring too!

Anonymous said...

what a great card! my stitching was the worst-it was so bad that I couldn't even take a picture because my sewing machine tore up my card lol.

your card came out awesome :)

sarabeth

Kelly said...

WOW!! You crafty girl you. Fabulous projects I love your colouring, papers etc. But your basket what a great idea. You rocked it again this week!
Kelly

Danni said...

Way too cute! Love the little basket with it...wonderful!

Fink said...

I just love it! Both cards are super!

Angie Cortes said...

Fabulous!! I love your the DSP you chose and your stitching is perfect!! That basket is just too cute!! Great Job!!

Lisa Foster said...

WOW Rachel! These are gorgeous!!! Beautiful stitching! Amazing color!
Superb job!
Hugs,
Lisa

Kendra said...

Well, I adore the card, but THAT BASKET!!! The fact that you used your nesties and stamps and crimper and put it all together, it's FANTASTIC! Beautiful projects :)

Johni said...

I luv the basket! great job!

LadyTrucker said...

Oh thank you sooo much for the digi stamp!!!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Rachel,

WOW WOW WOW this is the best project I have seen yet!!! You did a wonderful job on this and I just love it!!! Your sewing is amazing and I love that you did up two things!!! I loved working with that image for the blog hop!!!!

I did not get my project posted until today due to sick kiddo's and I ended up using the turtle image we released a couple of months ago, but you totally rocked this challenge girl!!!!

Hey e-mail me sometime when you get a chance I want to talk to you about something!!!!

Heather