Thursday, March 4, 2010

BUSY BEAUTIES BOUTIQUE NEW RELEASE BLOG HOP AND CHALLENGE!!

***2nd post, please scroll down for the DD theme challenge***
Hello again my friends,
Welcome & THANK YOU for joining the Busy Beauties today! If you are arriving here from Carmen's fabulous blog you are hopping right along. To start at the beginning, please visit Carolyn’s blog.
We are super excited to introduce a new set of images (available for purchase on Saturday, March 6) and also share some news! Coming Soon...The BUSY BEAUTIES BLOG! We are hoping to have all the kinks worked out and launch the blog next month, but we just couldn’t contain our excitement and want to get our feet wet now with OUR FIRST EVER BUSY BEAUTIES CHALLENGE! Our theme is “GO GREEN!” and the challenge is to use GREEN as the predominate color on your card/project. The challenge is open from now through WEDNESDAY, MARCH 17TH (St. Patrick’s Day)! BBB images are of course encouraged & preferred, but not required for this one. Since our official blog is not yet ready, Catherine will be hosting the challenge on her blog, where you can find all the nitty-gritty details and link your creations. (She's the last stop of the hop, so just keep bopping along.) And since this is our premier challenge, there is a tangible prize package for the winner:
The PRIZE includes: Basic Grey Origins 6x6 pad; 4 yards of American Crafts satin ribbon, 1 yard of May Arts striped twill ribbon, 1 jar of Shimmerz.

For my Go Green creation i used the New Shamrock'd Beauty image. I used my glitter pens to give my beauty and her gold lots of sparkle and of coarse with my rockin camera skills you can't see any of it!!! Ugh!!


I don't really give out St. Patrick's Day cards so i made a small box and filled it with, what else, chocolate coins! I tell ya i barely took the picture before my girls snatched up all the coins and took off.

As always, we also have HOP PRIZES! There will be winners chosen from the comments left on certain DT blogs, but it's a secret which blogs we'll draw from! The prize for these winners is their choice of 3 Free BBB Images! There will also be a GRAND PRIZE of 5 Free BBB Images (winner's choice) drawn from the hoppers who leave comments on *all* the DT blogs. So be sure to leave some love all along the way! Blog Hop Winners will be announced Friday night on Carolyn's blog.

Your next stop is The Fabulously Talented Grace, Enjoy the show and we can't wait to see your GO GREEN Challenge creations!
Hugs,

Rachel :0)

Green Challenges i've entered Shamrock Beauty into:

Bugaboo stamps~Catch a bug challenge~ who needs green

Cute Card Thursday~ Lucky Green

Pile It On~ Lucky me

The Pink Elephant~ add green

Penny's challenge~Green for St. Patty's Day

Inky Impressions~ think green

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super clever idea! I love the box with the coins - my grandpa used to give us chocolate "monies" when we were little. What a great memory.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I LOVE the coins! We never really could afford things like that when I was little. I remember in elementary school when we would come in from the playground the 'leprechauns' tore the room upside down! our chairs, desks papers were all a mess! even upside down, lol. We would go and fix it all and get a chocolate coin. I wish I could find allergy free ones for my kids. I will have to come up with something to improvise. Well, you struck a memory and I wrote a novel! lol!!! Sorry! Your card and box are stunning my friend!

HAve a Beautiful day!

Angie Cortes said...

So ADORABLE!! I love the box filled with coins and the images is just too CUTE. Awesome Job!!

Tina said...

So adorable. I love the box, too cool.

Carolyn Bounds said...

I would have been right there with your girls...grabbing a handful of yummy chocolates and munching away;o) I love the idea for creating this fun box filled with gold coins!!! It really creates a FUN backdrop for the image:o) You always have the most wonderful ideas and awesome creativity!!! I wish some of that could rub off on me!

Big HUGS!!
Carolyn

kadie said...

AWESOME!! What a fun idea and clever way to showcase Shamrock Beauty! I love it! I also really love how you've done the sentiment. Awesome job!
Hugs, Kadie

dolcreations said...

You are such a pro at making the cutest projects Rachel! I love this little box to put the coins in...such a clever idea!

Rae Anne said...

Rachel, what a gorgeous St. Patrick's Day card and project! Thanks so much for entering them in the Go for the Green challenge with Catch the Bug and Bugaboo Stamps!

Anonymous said...

Hello - Love the Shamrock'd card very cute... Also Love your blog music!!!
Jodi

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Rachel. this is such a pretty box. I love that image and it was just perfect. Shame the chocs disappeared so quick eh!! That was funny. hahaha.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Crazy Creations said...

Great card Hugs Sarah

Tracy S said...

What a super cute and creative idea!! Love it.

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Hey Rachel! Love your Shamrocked Beauty! She turned out beautiful. Love that box. Well done girl! Hugs,

bumblebee creations said...

Love your box! sooo cute!

Audrey said...

Super cute! I love her socks. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

Judy McMullen said...

Rachel, love your St. Paddy's card and would love to have Shamrock Beauty. I definitely do the St. Patrick thing...I married an Irish man! LOL Love your "Pot of Gold"!

Unknown said...

Super cute lady leprechaun! Thank you for sharing your card with us at The Pink Elephant.

Lorie said...

WOW!! This box is a creative treat, even without the chocolates! Girls after my own heart!! :-) Beautiful work, Rachael!

Hugs,
Lorie

Deb said...

gorgeous box, love the little leprechaun, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Carmen O. said...

Wow Rachel I love your cool St. Paddy's day box! How clever to fill with yummy chocolate coins. Love it.

Annita said...

aww love the box with coins great idea !!

Cheryl said...

This is fabulous,love your colouring!!! Thanks for joining us at Bugaboo!!
xx

Crystal said...

Oh WOW how much fun, what a terrific card and project....Fabulous added coins!!! WOW fantastic job on thinking green!! Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Impressions!

Crystal said...

Oh WOW how much fun, what a terrific card and project....Fabulous added coins!!! WOW fantastic job on thinking green!! Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Impressions!

crafterGM said...

What a cute idea. I like them both the coloring is great. Gloria M.

Bobbi said...

Such a cute image, love your colors. Also, like the box idea. TFS

Catherine said...

What a fab project, Rachel! I love the gold matting and the argyle CB background!!! You (sham)rocked this, for sure!!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a wonderful image. I just love it and how you have it colored. Terrific job on the "Lucky Me" challenge. So happy you could have some fun with us at Pile it On this week.

Unknown said...

Rachel, she's a beauty & good thing those chocolate coins were no where near my house... dh would have swiped them for sure!

Tammy Miller said...

great card thanks for playing!

*Susan* said...

Oh, the box is such a clever way to showcase this image! Just perfect!

Darlene said...

What a clever idea and awesome image ... LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining us at Penny's Challenge!!

Rosanne said...

Great gift box!Thanks for playing along at Pile It On!

Penny said...

Great card!

Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's challenges!

Jackie said...

This is just so much fun! What a great way to use all that green! Thank you for playing along with the Inky Impressions Challenge!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Rachel!! Love the green and that sweet image!! Your coloring rocks!! The box of coins brings back memories. We use to get them too. Great job on the going green challenge at Inky!
hugs,
Chris