Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Birds of a feather

I made this card for the Pink Cat Studio September Guest Designer challenge found here: http://pinkcatstudio.blogspot.com/2008/08/dawns-design-team-challenge.html the challenge was to make a card using fabric. When i saw these cute owls with the flowers in their hats i new i wanted to do something with flowers. so this is what i came up with.













I used my flower punch and punched my cardstock . using the negative part of the flower i glued my button to the middle of the flower. I got my material and placed it behind my flower and with tweezers i pulled the material through each petal. I used my coluzzle and cut a circle through my card then went one size up and made a frame from cardstock and added it over the top of my circle. then i placed my flower panel through the frame. I added some sparkles around the frame to tie in the sparkles i used on my owls hats.

Recipe: Q.T. Hooty owl stamps-Pink Cat Studio, Life Delights level 2 paper pkt-CTMH, NE Ivy c.s.-CTMH, sparkles-CTMH, CTMH exclusive inks markers, Gelly Roll glitter pen, Autumn buttons-CTMH

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Rachel, what a cute card! I love how you created the fabric flower, very creative and it looks fabulous! I also love how you coloured the stamp, great job!!
Thanks so much for entering my DT contest!

Karen Brooks said...

Rachel this is a darling card!!! How awesome is that flower - I was staring at it before reading (bad habit not to read directions...lol) and wondered how you colored that flower to look so awesome!!! WTG