Monday, August 25, 2008

Treat yourself to a wonderful day


Happy Monday everyone! Today is the House Mouse Monday challenge #2-Lace It Up. For this challenge we are to use lace, paper lace or even a shoe lace. The lace on my card is paper lace that i sponged oak brown ink on to give it color. I have had this paper lace for over 5 years and everytime i looked at it i thought i will never use this, but could not get myself to throw it away or even give it away! well mark this day on my calendar, i actually found a reason to use it. see ladies you never know when you will need something you think you have no use for right now so, SAVE IT!! lol. anyway hope you all enjoy this little mouse. Have a great night.

12 comments:

Just Tracys Crafts said...

love that card, well done and i am glad you found the inspiration to use lace and join in.

Tracyx

Emma said...

Beautiful card and so glad you managed to find a good use for your lace paper. Thanks for joining in the challenge on HM&F. x

Carmen O. said...

This is beautiful! Very cool that you finally were able to use your paper lace.

dicygirl said...

That is a beutiful card! I really enjoyed it. Your creativity and use of colors are inspiring! Awesome job!!;)

Jeanette - said...

Very cool card - I love your lace!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card and love that lace border!

Tara said...

I always think if you wait long enough you can find a use for everything! Beautiful card! xx

Johni said...

good job rachel!

Lori Barnett said...

Now aren't you glad you played! :) Look at the CUTE card you made...AND you used stuff in your stash!! Don't get better than that!! Thanks for doing the challenge with us!

Janneke said...

Cute card ;)

cats whiskers said...

This is a beautiful card love what you have done with the beautifukl paper lace, and your colouring is wonderful
Hugs Jacqui x

Carolyn Bounds said...

This is beautiful!!! You colored the image perfectly!!! I also love the way you sponged blue and green around the image to represent the sky and grass. So very clever!

It's a good thing you held onto that gorgeous piece of paper lace:o) I am like you; I have things I never think I will use, but can't bear to part with...ya just never know when you might need it. I don't know about you, but usually when I throw something away...a day or two later it is exactly what I need. Murphy's Law, I suppose;o)